Thursday, March 18, 2010

House of the Horde• Chapter 8•Teaser




HOUSE OF THE HORDE
chapter 8:
the temperaments of wild animals 
I'm still trying to piece together this chapter because I wrote it out of order and broken up. 
But there is one part that makes complete sense to me, so I'll post it here and now.
I want to thank everyone for being so patient for me while I've worked out my kinks.
This is short, but it's all I can offer as of right now.
The chapter will be posted soon, hopefully by this weekend.
No comment is required. I just want you to know that this story is still alive. haha
--xoxo--
• • • • • • • • 
It was unnatural, unreal, and I thought that maybe I was dreaming. That, perhaps, everything I had experienced was an illusion. Things like this just don't exist. They couldn't exist.
Vampires were no more real than an abominable snowman, or the Loch Ness Monster. They were mere speculation by people who believed in fairies or magic. Those people were trying to convince other that there was more mystery in this world than we have yet to sort out.
If they had asked me a few months ago, if they had asked me if I believed in the supernatural, that by chance vampires exist, I would have said no.
But now, after seeing it, and feeling it - feeling the teeth of this creature penetrate my skin, and the burn in my arm from it's kiss - I can say that I believe in unseen worlds of unimaginative lore. I believe in vampires. 


5 comments:

  1. *throws myself at you & wraps you in a huge bear hug* So glad you're still alive and working on HotH (but mostly bc you're still alive). We're patient because every chapter is well worth the wait! If the teaser is anything to go by, this one will be too. Keep up the good work!

    *goes back to waiting patiently...ish*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet and I appreciate every comment that you leave me! Thank you! I'm anxious to get this ball rolling again. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captivating! I like the weighing of logic, Bella's coping mechanism of sorts and her rationalization of the inevitable. Now, you've got me wondering who is doing the biting. You're teasing chapter 8 but I've only read the five chapters posted on ff.net. My mind is reeling with the possibilities of what happens between the end of chapter 5 and this point. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Stormy!
    I'm currently editing chapters 6 & 7, and hoping to finish 8 up soon. I had them posted before but took them down for editing. I appreciate you checking out my blog!

    I appreciate it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came here via FF after reading all the chapters posted there. I love Darkward and this one is pretty darn dark. Keep up the good work and much encouragement! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete