Friday, September 9, 2011

Post of randomness



Took a trip to IKEA at Atlantic Station on Sept. 7th and couldn't help but snap a couple pics of some skyscrapers captured by the low-hanging clouds.
















We've had some crazy weather the past four days. It didn't rain that much, but we rarely saw the sun or a hint of blue. I loved it. I wish it was like that more often. The clouds were so cool.





We bought this at IKEA. (new frame, duvet and down comforter). Our mattresses are entirely to big (height-wise) for the frame, so we have no headboard at all. We refused to spend $40 on wood for the slatted base, so we kept our box spring. However, I'm thinking about sending the spousal unit to Home Depot to buy wood, 'cause I'd like to have a headboard.

We also need new curtains, but the gold and green works for the moment.









On Sept. 8th, I traded in my son's 1/4 violin for a full size because he's decided he'd rather participate in Cub Scouts than play an instrument. Just as well. It was hard to teach him the music and motions because he can't sit still for five minutes. So, I'm going to take the lessons instead. I haven't had it for twenty-four hours and I already broke a string. I wish I had some cool story, but I was just trying to tune my D string cause it was a bit off.


This is my youngest, stuffing her face with waffle when we ate at Waffle House for breakfast.






....she's a beast.







I visited Borders.

All their stock was 70 - 90% off.



It was like heaven... only not.

I used to visit Borders on a weekly basis when I was in high school. I'm super sad their going out of business.

=(






The loot. I didn't find a lot, but I saved nearly $70! 
The best find was The Pretty Reckless CD and it was a little over $3.00!
The rest is stuff that looked interesting. I should've gotten moar horror. 
I may go back tomorrow. 



Or I could stay at home and do laundry.
/grumblegrumblegrumble....

And my daughter just fell asleep, so excuse me while I go catch up on some reading.

-RoT

No comments:

Post a Comment