Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Motivation of Classic Romance for Horror

Why fairy tales, you ask? 
Why not, I say.
Seriously, why not? Fairy tales are wonderful contributions to a child's imagination as well as adults. Can you remember when you heard your first fairy tale? Do you recall how it made you feel? I do. I felt so much joy in that story and I knew that life was like a fairy tale (I was young and ignorant) But we all know of the wonderful, vivid stories of princesses who are whisked away to castles to live happily ever after with the handsome prince. We grew up on this fantasy notions and most women dream of Prince Charming sweeping them off their feet.

In House of the Horde, I've taken the same concept and falsified it. Every chapter title that you will see has something to do with the chapter and related to a fairy tale in some way to constantly remind the reader that this is a fairy tale skewed into a supernatural reality.

If you are reading House of the Horde then I thank you for taking your time to put time into this journey with me. Most of the characters are not true to their original forms and the vampires are slightly different. Enjoy and watch your neck!

Read House of the Horde HERE on FanFiction.net

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I wondered why you chose fairy tales. Im glad you let me know lol! Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I figured people would be curious as to why, lol.

    ReplyDelete